You may be one of those people who hates checking your luggage when you get on a flight but there are times when you absolutely have to check your luggage. This requires you to think pretty strategically about what to take on the plane with you.
Here are some of the things that you should make sure to carry on-board the plane with you!
- Money, ID and anything of significant value, such as jewelry – if the airline loses your luggage you may never see any of your valuables again!
- Medications – don’t just put what you need for a few days in your carry-on, pack it all in your bag. If you are going to need to take liquid medication or needles make sure that you have a doctor’s note!
- Electronics – no matter how careful baggage handlers are, bags still get thrown around. There is no real way to make sure that your items will stay unbroken. There is also the chance that when someone goes through your luggage, things may be stolen.
- Toiletries and a change of clothes – this will help you if your luggage does get misplaced! You will at least be able to take a shower, brush your teeth and change your clothes at your destination.
- Items to keep you and your kids entertained and comfortable – this could mean toys, books, a blanket, a special stuffed animal, slippers…whatever will make the flight more enjoyable for you! It’s especially important if you are traveling with your children. A new experience can be frightening for them and something familiar will make them more comfortable!